- US stock market ends slightly lower---Tue, 02 Sep 2014 17:38:06 -0500Concerns over weaker global growth appeared to overshadow strong reports about the US economy, nudging the stock market to a small loss.
- Dutch State Secretary of Finance Submits Legislative Proposal for the Approval of the Intergovernmental FATCA ...---Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:45:00 -0500DALLAS, Aug. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to combat tax evasion by US taxpayers through undisclosed offshore investments, the United States Congress ("Congress") adopted the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) March 18, 2010 as a part of the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act. Under the FATCA, financial institutions across the world are required to register with the US ...
- US stock market drifts lower in afternoon trading---Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:17:16 -0500U.S. stocks drifted lower Tuesday afternoon even as reports showed the economy gaining strength. Crude oil prices sank, pulling Exxon Mobil, Chevron and other oil producers down. Investors were also looking ...
- US stock market edges higher in early trading---Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:19:25 -0500U.S. stocks are wavering in early trading as investors look ahead to major economic reports out this week. Central banks meet this week in Europe and Japan, and the jobs report for August comes out Friday. KEEPING SCORE: The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 30 points, or 0.2 percent, to 17,069 as of 9:40 a.m. Eastern time Tuesday. The Standard & Poor's 500 index lost one point, a fraction of ...
- FATCA: A US Regulation That's Having a Global Impact---Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:00:36 -0500FATCA has raised the stakes for data quality and the need for "clean data." Enacted as part of the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act of 2010, the US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) has been one of the most widely discussed pieces of regulation in recent years.
- US stock market wavers in morning trading---Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:04:37 -0500NEW YORK — U.S. stocks are wavering in morning trading Tuesday as investors look ahead to major economic reports out this week. Central banks meet in Europe and Japan, and the jobs report for August comes out Friday. KEEPING SCORE: The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 18 points, or 0.1 percent, to 17,080 as of 10:30 a.m. Eastern time. The Standard & Poor's 500 index dipped less than one ...
- US stock market turns lower in afternoon trading---Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:34:27 -0500NEW YORK — U.S. stocks were mostly lower in afternoon trading Tuesday even after news that the economy was gaining strength. The S&P 500 dipped back below 2,000 points as oil producers weighed the index down. Investors looked ahead to major events later this week. The European Central Bank holds a meeting on Thursday, and a key U.S. jobs report comes out Friday.
- US stock market turns lower in midday trading---Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:49:41 -0500NEW YORK — U.S. stocks were mostly lower in early afternoon trading Tuesday even after news that the economy was gaining strength. The S&P 500 dipped back below 2,000 points as oil producers weighed the index down. Investors looked ahead to major events later this week. The European Central Bank holds a meeting on Thursday, and a key U.S. jobs report comes out Friday.
- US consumer confidence rises for fourth straight month---Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:37:15 -0500US consumer confidence increased for a fourth straight month in August, the Conference Board said Tuesday, with views of the jobs market improving with the pickup in hiring nationally. The consumer confidence index rose to 92.4 from 90.3 in July, compared with 81.8 a year ago. "Improving business conditions and robust job growth helped boost consumers' spirit," said Lynn Franco, director of ...
- BTS: US Airlines employment grows 0.8% in 1H---Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:49:59 -0500For the first-half of 2014, average full-time-equivalent (FTE) employment among US scheduled passenger airlines was 383,800, up 0.8% from 1H 2013, according to the US Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS). read more
- Interview Myths That Keep You From Landing the Job With so few jobs currently available and so many people currently hoping to fill those jobs, standing out in an interview is of utmost importance. While jobs themselves are scarce, job advice is overly abundant. And with an influx of information comes an influx of confusion. What career counsel do you take, and what do you ignore?
- Fed's Bullard: U.S. jobless rate to start falling SHANGHAI (Reuters) - The labor market in the United States is improving and the economy is close to the point when the unemployment rate will start to fall, a top U.S. Federal Reserve official said on Thursday.
Welcome to AfterPinkSlip.com!
AfterPinkSlip.com is the website of a community dedicated towards pink slip recipients. When you receive the pink slip, it is not just you that is affected; your family, colleagues, and even unknown people will feel the impact at one point or another. This site is as much for those around you as it is for you.
The portal's objective is to provide a comprehensive resource for you so as to make your transition smooth from the day you received a Pink Slip through to the day you are employed, or on your way towards your after job tenure, and even thereafter.
We hope this site will help you in prevailing over the tough times invited by unemployment. We believe that even the pink slip in your hands can lead you to a better future if you know how to handle the situation well. Best of Luck!
How You Benefit?
- Afterpinkslip.com is here to assist you to know your rights after you receive the Pink Slip.
- Afterpinkslip.com is here to assist you through the steps to follow in order to get the benefits you are eligible for.
- Afterpinkslip.com brings together people who have received Pink Slip under a Social Networking so that the whole group could be benefited from each other's support.
- Afterpinkslip.com guides you through the process of unemployment
- Afterpinkslip.com provides you with direct introductions to our alumni, executive recruiter community and business partners, gleaned from our ongoing database.
- A key component is the offer negotiation coaching, optimizing your new compensation package. Afterpinkslip.com will walk you through a line-by-line review of the offer in a round table review with our team of professional, and then provide direct coaching on how to ask for, what and when.
- Professionals at Afterpinkslip.com will assess your skills and ambitions, and then provide you with a real-world plan to get where you want to go.
- Afterpinkslip.com trains you on how to separate yourself effectively in an interview situation so that you can present your value proposition so strongly, so concisely, that the interview team will wonder why they should even consider interviewing anyone else.
- Career management is what most people ignore. We at AfterPinkSlip.com take this very seriously. Our real job begins once you land with a job!