- $A remains resilient ahead of busy week---Mon, 08 Sep 2014 02:27:11 -0500The Australian dollar continues to rise ahead of a busy week of economic news. At 1700 AEST on Monday, the local currency was trading at 93.64 US cents, up from 93.51 cents on Friday. The Australian dollar was boosted by surprisingly weak US employment figures released on Friday night. The disappointing figures caused a US dollar sell-off which pushed the Australian dollar briefly above 94 US ...
- U.S. CEOs gloomier about hiring, spending plans: survey---Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:27:44 -0500By Lewis Krauskopf (Reuters) - U.S. chief executive officers are gloomier about their plans for hiring and capital expenditures over the next six months, and are more wary about their sales prospects, according to a quarterly survey from the Business Roundtable released on Tuesday. The CEOs' hiring plans were particularly weaker, with 34 percent expecting U.S. employment to increase in the next ...
- US Job Openings Stay Near 13-Year High; Hiring Up---Tue, 09 Sep 2014 09:40:28 -0500US job openings remained near a 13-year high in July, while total hiring jumps
- US job openings near 13-year high. Why companies picked up hiring.---Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:35:04 -0500US job openings remained near the highest level in 13 years in July, and companies also stepped up hiring that month to the fastest pace in nearly seven years. Stronger hiring and job openings figures are two signs that the US job market is healing after disappointing jobs data last week.
- Finance News Update, what you need to know---Sun, 07 Sep 2014 16:33:28 -0500FINANCE News Update, what you need to know.
- $A higher on disappointing US jobs data---Sun, 07 Sep 2014 16:32:06 -0500The Australian dollar is higher on the back of surprisingly weak US employment figures. At 0700 AEST on Monday, the local currency was trading at 93.65 US cents, up from 93.51 cents on Friday. The participation rate - those that have a job, are looking for work or are ready to start work - dropped to its lowest level since 1978, BK Asset Management managing director Kathy Lien said.
- US growth outlook grows cloudy: Survey---Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:22:07 -0500Corporate chiefs are scaling back their ambitions for the third quarter, the Business Roundable said.
- August adds 142K jobs, weakest level in 2014---Fri, 05 Sep 2014 09:17:37 -0500Hiring slowed in the US in August as the economy created just 142,000 jobs, marking the smallest gain since December. The deceleration in hiring last month ended a six-month streak...
- US job openings near 13-year high; hiring also up---Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:34:02 -0500The number of U.S. job openings in July held near the highest level in 13 years, and companies stepped up hiring.
- Aust bond futures boosted by US jobs data---Sun, 07 Sep 2014 18:03:12 -0500Weaker US employment figures have given Australian bond futures prices a bit of a boost.
- Interview Myths That Keep You From Landing the Job With so few jobs currently available and so many people currently hoping to fill those jobs, standing out in an interview is of utmost importance. While jobs themselves are scarce, job advice is overly abundant. And with an influx of information comes an influx of confusion. What career counsel do you take, and what do you ignore?
- Fed's Bullard: U.S. jobless rate to start falling SHANGHAI (Reuters) - The labor market in the United States is improving and the economy is close to the point when the unemployment rate will start to fall, a top U.S. Federal Reserve official said on Thursday.
Welcome to AfterPinkSlip.com!
AfterPinkSlip.com is the website of a community dedicated towards pink slip recipients. When you receive the pink slip, it is not just you that is affected; your family, colleagues, and even unknown people will feel the impact at one point or another. This site is as much for those around you as it is for you.
The portal's objective is to provide a comprehensive resource for you so as to make your transition smooth from the day you received a Pink Slip through to the day you are employed, or on your way towards your after job tenure, and even thereafter.
We hope this site will help you in prevailing over the tough times invited by unemployment. We believe that even the pink slip in your hands can lead you to a better future if you know how to handle the situation well. Best of Luck!
How You Benefit?
- Afterpinkslip.com is here to assist you to know your rights after you receive the Pink Slip.
- Afterpinkslip.com is here to assist you through the steps to follow in order to get the benefits you are eligible for.
- Afterpinkslip.com brings together people who have received Pink Slip under a Social Networking so that the whole group could be benefited from each other's support.
- Afterpinkslip.com guides you through the process of unemployment
- Afterpinkslip.com provides you with direct introductions to our alumni, executive recruiter community and business partners, gleaned from our ongoing database.
- A key component is the offer negotiation coaching, optimizing your new compensation package. Afterpinkslip.com will walk you through a line-by-line review of the offer in a round table review with our team of professional, and then provide direct coaching on how to ask for, what and when.
- Professionals at Afterpinkslip.com will assess your skills and ambitions, and then provide you with a real-world plan to get where you want to go.
- Afterpinkslip.com trains you on how to separate yourself effectively in an interview situation so that you can present your value proposition so strongly, so concisely, that the interview team will wonder why they should even consider interviewing anyone else.
- Career management is what most people ignore. We at AfterPinkSlip.com take this very seriously. Our real job begins once you land with a job!