- US job openings rising in August as hiring falls---Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:02:19 -0500WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. employers advertised the most job openings in nearly 14 years during August, yet their pace of hiring fell compared to July.
- US weekly jobless claims rise to 283,000---Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:46:15 -0500The number of new claims for jobless benefits rose last week but remained near fourteen-year lows, the latest sign of an improving labor market.
- US job openings in August near 14-year high, yet actual hiring dropped steeply---Tue, 07 Oct 2014 09:58:16 -0500U.S. employers advertised the most job openings in nearly 14 years during August, yet their pace of hiring fell compared to July.
- US hiring accelerates, jobless rate hits six-year low---Sat, 04 Oct 2014 10:39:43 -0500US employers ramped up hiring in September and the jobless rate fell to a six-year low, bolstering bets the Federal Reserve will hike interest rates in mid-2015.
- US job openings highest since 2001, but hiring slips (+video)---Tue, 07 Oct 2014 15:20:04 -0500US job openings reached 4.84 million in August, according to the Labor Department's Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS). It was the highest number of openings since 2001, the year the government began tracking JOLTS data.
- Troops Into Transportation Partners With Hiring Our Heroes and FASTPORT To Train And Place 2,500 Transitioning ...---Tue, 21 Oct 2014 06:35:00 -0500MIAMI, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Troops Into Transportation, an exclusive program of The CDL School and its partner carriers, announces a partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Hiring Our Heroes Program and their trucking industry technology partner FASTPORT, to train and place transitioning veterans and spouses into great commercial driving careers. ...
- US companies added 213,000 jobs in September---Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:01:46 -0500U.S. businesses added 213,000 jobs in September, stepping up hiring for the sixth straight month, according to a private survey. Payroll processer ADP said Wednesday that the pace of hiring by private ...
- 800,000 Seasonal Jobs Up for Grabs: Here’s Who’s Hiring---Tue, 07 Oct 2014 19:05:13 -0500According to Challenger, Gray & Christmas, a global outplacement consulting firm, for the first time since 1999, retailers are expected to hire more than 800,000 seasonal workers this year. This suggests that retailers could see huge holiday sales numbers. John Challenger, chief executive officer of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, said: Holiday spending will undoubtedly benefit from the fact that ...
- US economy: Hiring accelerates, jobless rate hits six-year low---Fri, 03 Oct 2014 09:42:36 -0500WASHINGTON - U.S. employers stepped up hiring in September and the jobless rate fell to a six-year low, bolstering bets on a Federal Reserve rate hike in mid-2015.
- US job openings reach highest level since 2001---Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:05:13 -0500US job openings reached 4.84 million in August, according to the Labor Department's Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS). It was the highest number of openings since 2001, the year the government began tracking JOLTS data.
- Interview Myths That Keep You From Landing the Job With so few jobs currently available and so many people currently hoping to fill those jobs, standing out in an interview is of utmost importance. While jobs themselves are scarce, job advice is overly abundant. And with an influx of information comes an influx of confusion. What career counsel do you take, and what do you ignore?
- Fed's Bullard: U.S. jobless rate to start falling SHANGHAI (Reuters) - The labor market in the United States is improving and the economy is close to the point when the unemployment rate will start to fall, a top U.S. Federal Reserve official said on Thursday.
Welcome to AfterPinkSlip.com!
AfterPinkSlip.com is the website of a community dedicated towards pink slip recipients. When you receive the pink slip, it is not just you that is affected; your family, colleagues, and even unknown people will feel the impact at one point or another. This site is as much for those around you as it is for you.
The portal's objective is to provide a comprehensive resource for you so as to make your transition smooth from the day you received a Pink Slip through to the day you are employed, or on your way towards your after job tenure, and even thereafter.
We hope this site will help you in prevailing over the tough times invited by unemployment. We believe that even the pink slip in your hands can lead you to a better future if you know how to handle the situation well. Best of Luck!
How You Benefit?
- Afterpinkslip.com is here to assist you to know your rights after you receive the Pink Slip.
- Afterpinkslip.com is here to assist you through the steps to follow in order to get the benefits you are eligible for.
- Afterpinkslip.com brings together people who have received Pink Slip under a Social Networking so that the whole group could be benefited from each other's support.
- Afterpinkslip.com guides you through the process of unemployment
- Afterpinkslip.com provides you with direct introductions to our alumni, executive recruiter community and business partners, gleaned from our ongoing database.
- A key component is the offer negotiation coaching, optimizing your new compensation package. Afterpinkslip.com will walk you through a line-by-line review of the offer in a round table review with our team of professional, and then provide direct coaching on how to ask for, what and when.
- Professionals at Afterpinkslip.com will assess your skills and ambitions, and then provide you with a real-world plan to get where you want to go.
- Afterpinkslip.com trains you on how to separate yourself effectively in an interview situation so that you can present your value proposition so strongly, so concisely, that the interview team will wonder why they should even consider interviewing anyone else.
- Career management is what most people ignore. We at AfterPinkSlip.com take this very seriously. Our real job begins once you land with a job!