- Commodities markets summary---Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:29:56 -0500Commodities news from around the world
- Stocks Edge Higher After US Employment Survey---Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:08:23 -0500Stocks edge higher after US employment survey
- Like the temps, the US economy is thawing---Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:33:15 -0500Spring's thaw is reviving the US economy, too. A recent batch of government and business reports show a US economy emerging from winter's deep freeze. Now, as temperatures rise, the economy is regaining momentum. That is not something you see every day," said Michael Dolega, senior economist at TD Economics.
- U.S. Tech Vets links military veterans with civilian jobs---Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:31:02 -0500David Lucien comes from a family of veterans, including his father – now 93 – who served in five overseas conflicts during World War II. Touched by their sacrifice, Mr. Lucien wanted to do something to give back to them. Today Lucien is co-chairman of U.S. Tech Vets, an online community that links veterans with employment opportunities in the US technology industry. The effort, through an online ...
- US economy added 204,000 jobs in October---Tue, 22 Apr 2014 01:28:04 -0500The unemployment rate rose to 7.3% likely because furloughed federal workers were counted as unemployed
- $A bounces on disappointing US jobs data---Sun, 06 Apr 2014 16:37:16 -0500The Australian dollar has bounced on the back of key US employment figures. At 0700 AEDT on Monday, the local currency was trading at 92.85 US cents, up from 92.36 cents on Friday. But the market had expected 200,000 jobs, Westpac senior market strategist Imre Speizer said. "The snow disruption impact on existing payrolls was minimal, seemingly limited to construction jobs temporarily lost in ...
- Finance News Update, what you need to know---Sun, 06 Apr 2014 16:17:04 -0500Finance News Update, what you need to know
- $A maintains gains on US jobs data---Sun, 06 Apr 2014 21:44:25 -0500The Australian dollar remains higher on the back of disappointing US employment data. At 1200 AEST on Monday, the local currency was trading at 92.89 US cents, up from 92.36 cents on Friday. The US added 192,000 jobs in March as private employers boosted hiring but investors had hoped for 200,000 jobs. "Although the data released from the US on Friday was solid, it lacked sufficient strength to ...
- Aust bond futures rally on US data---Tue, 08 Apr 2014 23:31:54 -0500Australian bond futures prices have rallied on the back of disappointing US employment data.
- US service firms grow more quickly, boost hiring---Thu, 03 Apr 2014 09:49:08 -0500U.S. service firms expanded more quickly last month as new orders rose and hiring increased, a positive sign the economy is rebounding after an unusually cold winter. The Institute for Supply Management ...
- Interview Myths That Keep You From Landing the Job With so few jobs currently available and so many people currently hoping to fill those jobs, standing out in an interview is of utmost importance. While jobs themselves are scarce, job advice is overly abundant. And with an influx of information comes an influx of confusion. What career counsel do you take, and what do you ignore?
- Fed's Bullard: U.S. jobless rate to start falling SHANGHAI (Reuters) - The labor market in the United States is improving and the economy is close to the point when the unemployment rate will start to fall, a top U.S. Federal Reserve official said on Thursday.
Welcome to AfterPinkSlip.com!
AfterPinkSlip.com is the website of a community dedicated towards pink slip recipients. When you receive the pink slip, it is not just you that is affected; your family, colleagues, and even unknown people will feel the impact at one point or another. This site is as much for those around you as it is for you.
The portal's objective is to provide a comprehensive resource for you so as to make your transition smooth from the day you received a Pink Slip through to the day you are employed, or on your way towards your after job tenure, and even thereafter.
We hope this site will help you in prevailing over the tough times invited by unemployment. We believe that even the pink slip in your hands can lead you to a better future if you know how to handle the situation well. Best of Luck!
How You Benefit?
- Afterpinkslip.com is here to assist you to know your rights after you receive the Pink Slip.
- Afterpinkslip.com is here to assist you through the steps to follow in order to get the benefits you are eligible for.
- Afterpinkslip.com brings together people who have received Pink Slip under a Social Networking so that the whole group could be benefited from each other's support.
- Afterpinkslip.com guides you through the process of unemployment
- Afterpinkslip.com provides you with direct introductions to our alumni, executive recruiter community and business partners, gleaned from our ongoing database.
- A key component is the offer negotiation coaching, optimizing your new compensation package. Afterpinkslip.com will walk you through a line-by-line review of the offer in a round table review with our team of professional, and then provide direct coaching on how to ask for, what and when.
- Professionals at Afterpinkslip.com will assess your skills and ambitions, and then provide you with a real-world plan to get where you want to go.
- Afterpinkslip.com trains you on how to separate yourself effectively in an interview situation so that you can present your value proposition so strongly, so concisely, that the interview team will wonder why they should even consider interviewing anyone else.
- Career management is what most people ignore. We at AfterPinkSlip.com take this very seriously. Our real job begins once you land with a job!